Loading and updating inventory is a key process for retailers so they have up-to-date information on the status of products. Logicbroker provides tools to manage the updating of inventory via our Portal, FTP, or other communications.
Inventory Feed Page
Click on Products in the left-hand menu, then click on Inventory Feeds.
- Partner. Some vendors may have multiple retailer/partners they work with. This drop-down allows the vendor to toggle between each partner for inventory updates. Each partner may have different inventory templates.
- Feed Information. Date of the last file received and the number of items in that file.
- Upload Files. Where you upload your inventory file (XLSX or CSV). Selecting Resend Items will resend the last file uploaded.
- Download Files. Standard Feed is the Logicbroker standard inventory template. You can use this download as your inventory template, and the download is the full export of inventory data loaded with the most recent updates for each item.
- Merchant Feed and Unmatched Items are only required if directed by Logicbroker or the retailer/partner.
- Events. Events is a full history of all inventory activities, showing all inventory actions taken. The View button allows the user to see the file(s) associated with that specific event. It's useful when looking for historical inventory files as well as a history of who made the update.
Inventory Upload via Portal
If you are uploading your inventory via the Portal, we recommend loading an Excel file (not a CSV file).
1. To get your template, go to the Inventory Feeds page and click on Download XLSX next to Standard Feed (in the Download Files section)
2. Use the downloaded file's headers as your template. The minimum required data for any inventory file is SupplierSKU and Quantity, however each retailer/partner may have additional requirements on data provided.
- HINT: It is best practice to provide as much information as possible, since the retailer/partner will often use this data to merchandise the products.
3. After you have entered your inventory information into the template, save it to your desktop or a folder where you will be able to find it. Then in the Portal, on the Inventory Feeds page, navigate to the Upload Files section. From here you can either drop your file into the box or click in the box to browse and upload.
4. After you select your file a pop-up box will appear and ask you to select which type of file you are loading. Choose "Supplier Feed"
Once you select Standard feed and hit Continue there will a box that appears to let you know the file was uploaded (it does not mean the data was validated, just that the file was received).
5. After loading the file, wait a minute for the Events section to update to confirm that your file was successfully received and processed. If there was an error, this section is where you would go to view the details of the error.
- NOTE: To see the exact file that was loaded, click on View and download the file.
Inventory Search Page
If you only need to create a single SKU and do not wish to use the inventory template above, you can create a new inventory item from the Inventory Search page.
1. Navigate to Products --> Inventory Search:
2. Click on NEW ITEM:
3. A pop-up box will appear for you to enter in your SKU information. At a minimum you must enter the below information:
Partner - always select Olivela
4. Once you have entered all your SKU information hit SAVE and your inventory item will be created.
Inventory Upload via FTP
Using the Inventory Search Tool to edit Quantities:
1. Access Inventory search under the Products tab in the portal. From here, search for the desired Sku or Sku's in the search bar, then select edit for the desired trading partner you would like to adjust the quantities for.
2. In the Edit window adjust eh quantity in the top left-hand side then click save when finished.
For every user login created in the Portal, that user has access to the Logicbroker-hosted FTP site. Your Logicbroker username and password will be used to log into both the Stage and Production FTP sites. The same Standard Feed template used in the Portal can be used as the template for FTP upload.
- Stage Host: vftp-stage.logicbroker.com
- Production Host: vftp.logicbroker.com
- Inventory Directory: /ManagedInventory/126678/Outbound
- EDI 846 Directory: /EDI/Outbound
IMPORTANT: See these two articles for more information on setting up the FTP connection and our standard directory structure.