While processing orders there may be certain times when you come across a multi-line PO that you need to fulfill using two different shipments. You may have to create two shipments if one item is available at the time, and a subsequent item ordered is not available until a later time, or you may need to create a split shipment if you inadvertently only ship one item and remember to ship the other item(s) after the fact.
Note: If you download the packing slip from the original PO all line items ordered will be on the packing slip. If you download the packing slips from the individual shipments only the items that shipped on that particular shipment will appear on the packing slip.
Follow the below steps to create more than one shipment for the same PO:
1. Pull up the multi-line PO that you would like to create shipments for and select SHIP:
2. When the Shipping page opens, populate your Ship From Address, and then in the middle of the page where there is the section for Packages select which SKU you will be creating the shipment for.
NOTE: the packages section automatically defaults to have all SKUs from the PO. You will need to remove whichever SKUs you are NOT Shipping:
After you have removed the SKU you are not shipping, for the remaining SKU you can enter your carrier and tracking number information and hit Submit:
3. Once you have hit Submit the shipment will move to a Complete status for that one item. If you look at the PO again you will notice it is still in a Ready to Ship status and whichever SKU you have shipped will be reflected in the PO:
4. When you are ready to ship the remaining item(s) from the order, repeat step 1 again but pulling up the PO and hitting SHIP.
5. On the shipping page you will want to enter your Ship From Address information, and you will see now that the Packages box has already been pre-populated for you with the remaining SKU that was not previously shipped. You'll want to enter your shipping carrier as well as the tracking number and hit Submit:
6. After you hit Submit, the shipment will move to a Complete status and the order will be updated accordingly as well:
If you search for the PO in the portal you will also be able to see all the shipments that were created as well as the order and their statuses:
Article is closed for comments.